Over the past year, Decentralized Finance has become one of the main drivers of innovation in the crypto industry. We’ve kept a close eye on DeFi, now we’re excited to be supporting the space more directly with this (mostly) **DeFi-focused batch of new cryptocurrencies**!
We’ll be adding five new stablecoins and DeFi tokens to our exchange:
● **0x (ZRX)** – an open-source protocol that enables peer-to-peer exchange of tokens
● **Maker (MKR)** – the governance token of the Maker protocol used to stabilize the price of DAI
● **Kyber Network (KNC)** – a decentralized protocol that enables instant swaps of different tokens
● **Dai (DAI)** – a stablecoin soft-pegged to USD and stabilized by Maker Protocol’s smart contracts
● **Gemini dollar (GUSD)** – a regulated stablecoin backed by bank-held USD
All of these cryptocurrencies will **trade with zero fees until the end of May!**
1. **Transfer-only mode:** Deposits and withdrawals open but trading is not enabled yet.
ZRX, MKR, KNC: Monday, 22 FebruaryDAI, GUSD: Monday, 1 March
2. **Post-only mode**: You will be able to place and cancel limit orders, but they will not be matched. Therefore, no orders will actually be completed during this stage.
ZRX: Tuesday, 23 February, at 8:00 AM UTC
MKR: Wednesday, 24 February, at 8:00 AM UTC
KNC: Thursday, 25 February, at 8:00 AM UTC
DAI: Tuesday, 2 March, at 8:00 AM UTC
GUSD: Wednesday, 3 March, at 8:00 AM UTC
3. **Limit-only mode**: Order matching will start and trades will be executed normally. However, only limit orders will be available.
ZRX: Tuesday, 23 February, at 12:00 AM UTC
MKR: Wednesday, 24 February, at 12:00 AM UTC
KNC: Thursday, 25 February, at 12:00 AM UTC
DAI: Tuesday, 2 March, at 12:00 AM UTC
GUSD: Wednesday, 3 March, at 12:00 AM UTC
4. **Full trading**: Once the order books gather sufficient liquidity, we will enable all order types and card purchases for the new trading pairs as well.
Follow us on Twitter for updates on the roll out of the new trading pairs.
Log in to your Bitstamp account to start trading and get the[ ](https://www.bitstamp.net/mobile/)Bitstamp mobile app to trade all of our cryptocurrencies on the go!
Here’s a full list of new trading pairs at Bitstamp: